Latest Articles

Cars to enter airports fee free for 10-15 minutes

From 2020, Vietnam’s airports will allow cars to wait 10-15 minutes while dropping or picking up passengers. Each airport will have its specific no-toll timeframe, which will be decided by the government, said Vu The Phiet, General Director of the Airports Corporation of Vietnam (ACV), which manages 21 civilian airports in […]

Starbucks Chicago opens today

Global coffee chain Starbucks today unveils a giant 35,000sqft Reserve Roastery outlet in Chicago, its largest store in the world to date. The five-story Starbucks Chicago store features a unique menu of Starbucks Reserve specialty coffee, boutique Milanese Princi bakery items, and an Arriviamo Bar featuring coffee cocktails Tributes to […]

Samsonite sees third-quarter sales

Luggage company Samsonite’s net sales fell by 0.7 percent in the third quarter, as the US-China tariff war put pressure on the US market and increased distribution expenses affected the company’s gross profit margin. In its latest financial report, Samsonite said net sales in the three months to September 30 […]

HSBC Partners AllBright in Supporting Female Entrepreneurs

HSBC Partners AllBright in Supporting Female Entrepreneurs

While pitching for investment as a founder is difficult, it can be even more challenging for female entrepreneurs. According to the ‘She’s the Business’ –  a report commissioned by HSBC Private Banking that highlights the challenges female entrepreneurs face –  preparing a business plan and dealing with further presentations and negotiations with investors are […]

Jollibee Opening Tim Ho Wan restaurants in China

Jollibee Opening Tim Ho Wan restaurants in China

Filipino restaurant operator Jollibee Foods Corporation (JFC) has signed a joint venture agreement with Dim Sum to operate Tim Ho Wan restaurants in China. JFC’s wholly-owned subsidiary Golden Plate will own 60 percent of the joint venture and Dim Sun will own the remaining 40 percent. The two companies have […]

Alibaba Group’s Hong Kong IPO confirmed

Alibaba Group’s Hong Kong IPO confirmed

Alibaba Group has launched its Hong Kong public offering of 500,000,000 new ordinary shares on the SEHK, raising up to US$13.4 billion. Alibaba plans to use the proceeds from the offering for the implementation of its strategies of driving user growth and engagement, empowering businesses to facilitate digital transformation, and […]

Davidoff Hong Kong opens cigar flagship

Swiss tobacco brand Davidoff has launched its Hong Kong flagship in luxury retail complex The Landmark. The 580sqft outlet significantly enlarges the brand’s previous space in the mall by more than half its size. The original outlet was the brand’s third best-selling cigar outlet internationally, accounting for more than 25 […]

Ecco India opens its first store

Ecco India has opened its first store in the country, located at Gurgaon Ambience shopping mall in New Delhi. Steen Borgholm, CEO of the Danish shoe and leather goods brand, says the company sees potential in the Indian retail market, despite the challenges. “We see strong demand from consumers who […]

% Arabica to open four stores in Indonesia

% Arabica to open four stores in Indonesia

Bali, a beloved destination for tourists and popular amongst Australians has been setting up the coffee scene with Starbucks opening its largest Southeast Asian location at 20,000 sq ft earlier this year. Now, Kyoto-based coffee chain % Arabica has announced plans to enter the Indonesian market with four new store […]